- nodo17 group is a Madrid based office of architects, urban designers and ecologists operating within the fields of urbanism, landscape, architecture, engineering and ecology. We define our approach as evolutionary urban design by which we understand the design of self-organized environments through technological relationship between nature and society. We have applied these strategies to design in projects in Bosnia-Herzegovina, Spain, Sudan and Canada.nodo17 group was founded in 2001 by Manuel Pérez Romero who has been the director since then. In 2013 Jaime Tarazona Lizarraga became its first associated architect. nodo17 has received more than 15 awards in national and international architecture design competitions and their work has been published in more than 100 magazines and books. Recently, the Korean editorial Damdi Publishing Co. has published a monographic book about nodo17 work.nodo17 has a R&D+i department for the research of new construction systems and processes, for which nodo17 has already three registered patents. Recently nodo17 has founded the company HDa (High Definition Architecture) based on 3D printers technology. HDa fabricates, design and construct its own products.
nodo17 approach is based in the following concepts:Evolutionary urbanism. It is nodo17’s brand. Evolutionary urbanism is a multidisciplinary approach to urban design based in time, evolution and ecology. Cities like all natural organism evolve over time. Urban design should incorporate evolution and time as one of their main design strategies.Architecture is basically interdisciplinar. .....nodo17 is used to work with publicist, sociologist, profesionals in community involvement, educators, ecologists, mobility engineers, hydrologists, agronomists…It is needed an eco-systemic approach to urban design and architecture. Design means building an eco-system. Establishing a relationship between society and nature through the technology available. It’s not just a matter of environmental responsibility but to seize the opportunity to create new design process. Urban design should be part of an evolutionary and adaptive process in the sense of eco-systems.Architecture and urban design are inherently complex. The complexity of contemporary architecture compared to sixty years ago has increased dramatically. The technical requirements of projects have multiplied exponentially as the cultural and artistic influences. Moreover if we talk about the urban scale complexity becomes maximum. For this reason the management of complexity should be part of any urban and architecture design.
- Manuel Pérez Romero - firstname.lastname@example.orgManuel Pérez Romero holds a Ph.D. in Architecture from Madrid Polythecnic University and a Bacherlor of Architecture from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria University. He also undertook additional architecture studies at Politecnico di Torino, Politecnico di Milano, both in Italy and Westminster University, London. Architecture for him is the common space between teaching, research + innovation and his professional activity.
He has been a Lecturer of Design Projects at E.T.S.A.G. in Alcalá de Henares since 2001 and he was a Lecturer of Design Projects at E.T.S.A. Madrid for two years. Currently he is a professor of Building Technology and Undergraduate Thesis Project at IE School of Architecture and Design where he has held these position since 2010. Prior to nodo17 group foundation, he has worked for F.O.A. (Foreign Office Architects) in London and Soriano&Asociado in Madrid.
- Jaime Tarazona Lizarraga - email@example.comJaime Tarazona holds a Bacherlor of Architecture from Alcalá de Henares School of Architecture.
He also undertook additional studies at Universita degli Studi di Sassari in Italy. He collaborated with NGO S.A.R. as a part of Spanish contigent AECID moved to Puerto Principe in Haiti and Concepcion in Chile, to give logistical and technical support.Jaime Tarazona has a deep understanding of all facets of practice of architecture, combining transdisciplinary fields like persuasive communication and urban branding with a broad understanding of all technical and profesional issues.
- nodo17 TEAM
- Architects -
... are colaboratingBirga WingenfeldVictor Jiménez JiménezTeresa del Prado PalenciaPablo Magán UcedaPablo MéndezMireya Escobedo
... have colaborated
Félix Toledo LerínLuis del Rey Cristobal
Aitor CaseroMercedes Peña
Adrian NavalónSilvia Ribot GilIrene Braojos EntrenaClaudia Cerrada IsactInés Espugares VazquezSyrine KarouiBlanca Pérez
- Foreman Builders - - Engineer - - Mobility -Ignacio Delgado Conde Euring S.L. Carlos Corral
Vicente Rubio A.C.H. S.L
- Renders- - Artists- - Landscape consultant -
Jaime Lopez Boamistura Miguel Pérez Carballo
Victor Quiros Brianda Campoamor
- Models - - Photographers - - Structures -
Gilberto Ruis Lopez Amparo Garrido Joaquin Antuña
Pablo Cruz Jofemar
- Textile Architecture -
- Partner Offices -
Es_parks Architecture Urban and Planning
- Temporary asociated offices -
Carlos Arroyo + Eleonora Guidotti
Bunch Arquitectura y Proyectos
- PRIZES1ºPlace. Urban Planning and Architectural Design of the Klekovaca Tourist Centre, Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina. 2014
1º Prize. Auditorium and Bullfighter's. Blanca, Murcia. 2007
1º Prize. Woman Institute and Municipal File. Mostoles, Madrid. 2006.
1º Prize. Urban Remodeling of Las Margaritas Neighbourhood. Getafe, Madrid. 2006
1º Prize. Europan VI. Toledo. With Carlos Arroyo y Eleonora Guidotti.2001
1º Prize. Water eco-museum. Guimar, Santa Cruz de Tenerife. With Carlos Arroyo. 1999
2º Prize. Older's People Home. Valladolid. 2008Commendation. Urban reGeneration. University of Manitoba. Winnipeg, Canada. 2013.Commendation. Technology Dome. Zamora. With es-parks ( nodo17 + mtm + cso ). 2012
Commendation. Emerging Architecture. London. 2009
Commendation. XIII Manuel de Oraá Architectural Prize. 2006
Commendation. Vivienda Viva Competition. Guadalajara. 2006
Commendation. Urban Solutions. 2005
Commendation. Auditorium. Alfafar, Valencia.
Commendation. CasaAmericana Hotel, Pego, Alicante.